Monday, February 13, 2012

Renovation at last

In 2009 I posted a photo of this passageway off of Knez Mihailova and wished someone would restore it, for it contains beautiful artwork. My wish has been granted.

This Secessionist-style passageway, begun in 1889 and finished in 1912, named after politician Nikola Spasić whose statue I showed you here, will be restored over a two-month period and will then link Belgrade's pedestrian street to one behind it.

Now I'm wishing that the building in still another post of mine will be restored as well.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Refurbishment is always wonderful, isn't it? Well, only if it is done properly and in keeping with the original style, of course.

Olivier said...

tres belles photos, surtout la deuxième qui est impressionnante

Lowell said...

It is nice to have friends in "high places" like these two who can get things done when you wish for them! :-))

I can see why you're happy; this is a beautiful passageway!

Luis Gomez said...

Love their faces!

Bob Crowe said...

Very cool, but I wouldn't get too close to being under that bucket.

Daryl said...

Great shot .. great faces and I am loving the new header!

MOTHER AND SON PIZZA

When hunger strikes...