Saturday, July 12, 2008

Meet Radovan! or, "Radovan Goes to Greece!"

Driving down to Greece for our vacation, my husband and I stopped to ask directions from this little man, who was waiting for a bus to go visit his daughter and son-in-law. He hinted he had never left his native village in the once very heavily forested Serbian region known as Ĺ umadija (SHOO-mah-dee-ya), and so it wasn't hard to convince him to postpone his intended visit for a while, and join us! (All we had to do was show him the guidebook below...) His name is Radovan (RAH-doe-vahn), and I invite you to see a bit of Greece through his Serbian eyes and my ex-pat lenses! It'll be two-a-day-photos for about 10 days or so!
Radovan believes ladies in Greece love birds more than fancy dresses.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A big thank you for your visits and comments.

I liked this photo on top before I even read the narrative and once I read that I liked it even more. Like the suitcase with its travel stickers.

Looking forward to seeing more of this trip.

Jane Hards Photography said...

I'm got the seat belt strapped on and all ready for the ride with this cute little fellow. I adore Greece, especailly island hopping, so this will be a real virtual pleasure cruise.

Pat - Arkansas said...

Radovan appears to be a delightful fellow. I look forward to touring Greece with him.

Meead said...

I saw several nude lady hand-made statue in Cyprus as well. Most of them were kept in Larnaca's Museum. Photography was prohibited in that museum, so I couldn't take photos.

Looking forward for more photos from Greece :)

Thanks for sharing

Louis la Vache said...

"Louis" is looking forward to this trip! He hasn't been to Greece yet!

"Louis" et Mme. la Vache thank you for your visit and kind words!

Louis la Vache said...

Radovan should be careful. That stare at her bosom might get him brought up on charges of sexual harassment.... The PC Police are everywhere these days!

lv2scpbk said...

I really like the picture of the one with the town, etc.

Chuck Pefley said...

Bibi, clever slant to your vacation story :) Radovan appears sage and seasoned and I do look forward to his views on travel and slippery islands as well.

Always a pleasure to visit your blog. I particularly like the brush shop images. This is a feel that is steeped in history and craft ... simply a delightful find.

SPRING FASHION

 This is a post that would be better in color, but maybe not. These colors were soooo pale.