Thursday, July 31, 2008

Radovan at the Canal d'amour

No, it's not Skywatch Friday, but I had to post this photo today, since Radovan is winding down his trip. It is a view of a cliff overlooking the Canal d'amour near Sidari in northern Corfu just before sunset. Here you can see Radovan looking longingly at the Canal d'amour, for it is said that any couple who can swim through (and presumably back!) the canal will stay together forever. Radovan, whose wife has passed on many years ago, was feeling a bit nostalgic and lonely until a local girl below caught his eye. No time for dallying though, since we had to leave Corfu the next day.

8 comments:

Marie Reed said...

That sly devil! He has good taste in little ladies:) I'll miss his adventures!

vero said...

What a wonderful pictures!

vero said...

What a wonderful pictures!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Gary and I swam the channel. It is no myth, well I'm blaming that for us being stuck together. So glad you uploaded this area. This stretch of beach is really beautiful. Marvellous golden glow.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Gary and I swam the channel. It is no myth, well I'm blaming that for us being stuck together. So glad you uploaded this area. This stretch of beach is really beautiful. Marvellous golden glow.

Becky said...

Beautiful! I love the orange and brown and gold of the sky. And Radovan will never lose his charm with the ladies, I am sure!

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm enjoying looking through yours and will definitely be back! Thanks for sharing your corner of the world with us.

Louis la Vache said...

hehehe
Radovan found a lady even prettier than the 'souvenir' lady! Good for him!

dianasfaria.com said...

Ahhh! does that mean no more Radovan?

SPRING FASHION

 This is a post that would be better in color, but maybe not. These colors were soooo pale.