Friday, January 2, 2009

Red Nose Day on Open Heart Street


“Open Heart Street” is a January 1st tourist and art event, which was established in1988, representing one of the most important street events in Belgrade. It is organized by the Tourist Organization of Belgrade, Theater Atelier 212, and the Old Town Municipality, under the auspices of the Assembly of the City of Belgrade. Each year this event focuses on a particular cause and this year funds collected through the sale of red clown noses will go to the Doctors-Clowns project. I got there too late for the noses, but it was so cold, mine was naturally red, and probably got redder after the free mulled wine I sampled. For a photo of mulled wine sellers, see Belgrade Daily Photo's post here .




10 comments:

soulbrush said...

we have red nose day later in the year, always for a good cause. xx

USelaine said...

The doctor-clown connection reminds me of Dr. Patch Adams. I saw him once, right here in little Willits!

dianasfaria.com said...

What a wonderful event!
Happy New Year Bibi.

Jilly said...

What fun and all in such a great cause. I love your nose being naturally red! I don't believe you.

Pat said...

Ha,ha! Jilly is right. My nose isn't naturally red. I meant it was red first because of the cold!

Anonymous said...

I do like the cause the noses represent.

Brookville Daily Photo

Chuck Pefley said...

Sounds like both a fun and worthy event. Love the red nose idea!

Virginia said...

we have something similar here in B'ham. A wonderful cause and cute photo to match.
V

antigoni said...

Excellent post! Happy new year!

Thérèse said...

What a wonderful idea! Easy to notice and fun to participate in for a good cause.

THE MARKET AFTER HOURS

 Merchants have all packed up and gone home....