Friday, July 22, 2011

Skywatch--the moon and the stars

Not real, of course, but this is a sky my little granddaughter, Mila, (see last week's photos) will see when she actually can focus on things! These stars and moon come from TWILIGHT TURTLE, a wonderful toy/nightlight I'd bought for several people and now for her. Those of you who know me won't be surprised to know I also bought myself one....

And of course I think of the romantic song by Robert Flack, the first stanza of which takes on a different meaning for me now:

The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face

The first time ever I saw your face
I thought the sun rose in your eyes
And the moon and stars were the gifts you gave
To the dark and the empty skies, my love,
To the dark and the empty skies....

Little Mila makes us feel like this.

See other skies at SKYWATCH FRIDAY.

12 comments:

Ms. Becky said...

hah! it's delightful, and brought me here. nice skies! I hope you have a joyful weekend. happy SWF.

Thérèse said...

Bibi is "gaga"... :-)) which is quite normal...

Anonymous said...

One thing you bought and somany to follow:)I can see grandma you are happy:)

Joyful said...

I love lights like this. I bought my niece something similar when she was small. She had them for years.

Alexa said...

Well, now whenever I hear that song I'll probably think of you and your beautiful granddaughter! You must be over the moon (so to speak).

Olivier said...

enfant j'avais les etoiles sur mon plafond en fluo, comme ca, j'adorais ca

dianasfaria.com said...

So sweet! these are the best of times.

Luis Gomez said...

Very sweet Bibi.

Laloofah said...

Oh, what a sweet photo to go with a sweet post! Lucky Mila, I would have loved to have had the moon and stars shining down on me from my ceiling when I was little. Or now too, for that matter - glad you bought your inner child some also! :-)

That verse from that beautiful song is perfect.

Lowell said...

Welcome back!? Missed you, but I figured you had your hands full here in the States.

And now you've got your hands full in another sense; a grandbaby is very special. And Mila is beautiful! Dad looks proud, too.

We recently went to a mini family reunion in Tennessee and met our greatgrandaughter, Annabelle, for the first time. She's a sweetie, too!

Best wishes!

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Awwwww.... I do love that song and think that it is perfect for a new granddaughter!

Congratulations - she is precious and I am glad that you made it home in time!

Bises,
Genie

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Divan detalj.

Pozdrav iz Makedonije :)

MOTHER AND SON PIZZA

When hunger strikes...