Wednesday, March 23, 2016

ABC WEDNESDAY--"K" is for "kermes"



"Kermes," in case you didn't know as I didn't before I looked up 'unusual words beginning with K,' is a brilliant red color or a red color derived from insects.

Not sure if any insects contributed to this eye-catching red on Belgrade's walking street, but the color brightened up my day.

See other Ks on Mrs. Nesbitt's ABC WEDNESDAY.

10 comments:

carol l mck said...

Creative choice for K and lovely photo to emphasize the word ~ thanks

Happy Weekend coming to you ~ ^_^

William Kendall said...

Great shade of red. I wouldn't have known that!

Photo Cache said...

A very educational post.

My ABC WEDNESDAY

Luis Gomez said...

Wonderful!

Bob Crowe said...

Well, you taught me something interesting, something a photographer should know.

Roger Owen Green said...

a new word!

ROG, ABCW

MelodyK said...

maybe the color red of ladybugs?

Lovely entry and always to learn something new


Have a nice ABC-Wednesday-day / - week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (ABC-W-team)

Shooting Parrots said...

And there was me thinking that kermes was a Greek god!

Indrani said...

Great composition!

Lowell said...

Well, I learned something new here today. Love that red color.

[http://www.landlfotos.com/blog]

'THE NAME IS POPOV, DUSKO POPOV"

This may seem hard to believe, but it is true.  Please read  THIS LINK.   You will learn that Ian Fleming, author of the James Bond books, w...