There are quite a few carob trees here in Serbia, but I never see anyone collecting the pods and seeds. For that matter, I don't think there's a big carob industry here. It is used elsewhere (and actually sold here in health food stores) as a substitute for chocolate, and even in chocolate-flavored dog treats, because it has no caffeine.
Impressions of Belgrade and Serbia and maybe photos from an in-country trip by a long-term ex-pat.
Thursday, October 6, 2022
CAROB
There are quite a few carob trees here in Serbia, but I never see anyone collecting the pods and seeds. For that matter, I don't think there's a big carob industry here. It is used elsewhere (and actually sold here in health food stores) as a substitute for chocolate, and even in chocolate-flavored dog treats, because it has no caffeine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
COUCHER DU SOLEIL SUR LES TOITS
Well, you can't keep a good blooger down. Said I wouldn't be posting for a while since I am 'out of town, ' but here I am.....

1 comment:
I think that's the first I've heard of it.
Post a Comment