Impressions of Belgrade and Serbia and maybe photos from an in-country trip by a long-term ex-pat.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Someone got married.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
'THE NAME IS POPOV, DUSKO POPOV"
This may seem hard to believe, but it is true. Please read THIS LINK. You will learn that Ian Fleming, author of the James Bond books, w...
7 comments:
Bibi, I like this custom. When in Italy I was delighted to see the blue or pink ribbons on houses signifying a new birth as well. The inclusion of the bicycle makes this a very nice image, btw.
And yes, I'll have a cold beer or two. Summer, for me, is THE time for cold beer.
Your SWF reflection and ripple is exceptional!
I like how you've situated the bicycle in the shot too. It's wonderful how the rites of passage experienced in a family are signaled to the community.
What a great custom!
I wouldn't take down a beautiful garland like that either!
I like that custom, so thank you for showing it!
(I've finally caught up a bit on my internet life - my 366 Blog reading is up to date, so now I need to work on bookmarking CDP Blogs! Find my favourite ones (I know this is one ;-) )
Bibi, we have this kind of custom, although a bit different. Thanks for sharing your life!
We have similar custom in Malaysia. We will hang a red cloth banner over the doorway. This is done during Chinese New Year and weddings.
Thanks for visiting the wedding photos that I posted on my blog, Bibi.
J.C. of Subang Jaya Daily Photo
Post a Comment