Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A little (pre) spring music

The bust of Stefan Mokranjac,(1856-1914) known as "father of Serbian music" and the "most important figure of Serbian musical romanticism".

Daily Haiku
Some say music is
A language all understand
Even savage beasts
  

6 comments:

William Kendall said...

An imposing looking bust... but the name eludes me.

Lowell said...

Love your haiku. You really ought to publish a book of haiku with your photos. They are superb!

Looks like you've got some green grass in anticipation of spring's arrival!

P.S. I didn't plant any actual plant bulbs. I was just kidding. But them I'm kind of a dim bulb myself!

Lowell said...

Hi again. I forgot to mention that I love your new header!

Luis Gomez said...

Spring is coming. Looking good. Nice header Pat.

William Kendall said...

I suspect my mother would have known his music.

Alexa said...

Looks like he has a nice vantage point from which to enjoy spring—when it finally comes. (Here in NYC, a high of 62°F today but not above 28°F on Thursday!)

'THE NAME IS POPOV, DUSKO POPOV"

This may seem hard to believe, but it is true.  Please read  THIS LINK.   You will learn that Ian Fleming, author of the James Bond books, w...