Wednesday, June 7, 2017

ABC WEDNESDAY--V is for Vulkanizer

In English, there is no specific word for a person who repairs tires .  Vulcan was the god of fire in mythology, and fire of course is used to convert rubber into more durable materials by adding sulfur.  The process is known as vulcanization.

I'm sorry we don't have a word for this kind of repairman.  My friends and I simply say, when in need of one, that we're going to the vulkanizer!

See other Vs on Mrs. Nesbitt's ABC WEDNESDAY.


William Kendall said...

You're right, there's no word for it.

Thérèse said...

"Pneumaticien" en français, je viens de découvrir ce mot grâce à ton billet...