Friday, September 18, 2020

SKYWATCH--a sunset pig?


 A long time ago I posted this photo I took from my window of the pig on top of this building. I have since learned that the entire building is protected by the city, and it used to belong to a butcher...

I posted that on Facebook, and a young woman who lives just across from the pig and up the street for me took this photo of piggy at sunset.


And just what is a sunset pig?  Joni Mitchell sang these words, so have a look at this link


See other skies on SKYWATCH

5 comments:

s.c said...

I love the background for this beautiful building. Could be part of a movie set.

Jim said...

I like the orange.

Bernhard said...

The sky is burning

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I'm guessing it was the butcher's idea for the pig. Interesting history, and I always liked that Joni Mitchell song!

William Kendall said...

A splendid shot.

YANKEE IN NICE

 Edit: pastis is a licorice-flavored alcoholic drinksimilar to Greek ouzo. My favorite drink as it is for many people in this area. No more ...