Friday, October 2, 2020

SKYWATCH--Romanian Church in Vladimirovac, Serbia


 On my recent trip about 50 kilometers out of Belgrade, I came upon this church in Vladimirovac which is getting  a new dome. You can see its old dome in the smaller picture below thatI took from the Internet, and I couldn't find anyone to tell me what happened to it.  The church dates from 1896.




There are quite a few ethnic Romanians living in thie part of Serbia and this is Vladimirovac's Romanian Orthodox Church. Overall, the Romanian Orthodox Church is the only Church in Eastern Orthodoxy to have a Romance language for liturgical use.

See other skies on SKYWATCH

4 comments:

Jim said...

Beautiful church.

William Kendall said...

That looks quite distinctive.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I've often wondered how they build these. Makes sense to build them on the ground, then left them into position.

betty-NZ said...

That's a fabulous church! I love the gorgeous architecture.


Feel free to share at My Corner of the World

YANKEE IN NICE

 Edit: pastis is a licorice-flavored alcoholic drinksimilar to Greek ouzo. My favorite drink as it is for many people in this area. No more ...