Tuesday, July 20, 2021

WRITER IN ABSENTIA


 I walk my dog in this park nearly every day, at least for sure in the morning since it's been so hot.

Sometimes we sit and have a cup of coffee or a lemonade (for me, of course; she gets water) and I read the newspaper.

The other day I noticed that someone had gone off somewhere and left glasses, a book, and a notebook, along with his/her water. I thought at first the 'writer' had gone to use the restroom, but he/she never returned in the 45 minutes I sat there.


2 comments:

JudithK said...

Looks to be a lovely place to sit during a walk and have a lemonade and wonder about what the heck is going on with the table that appears to have been abandoned.

William Kendall said...

Curious to abandon such things.

YANKEE IN NICE

 Edit: pastis is a licorice-flavored alcoholic drinksimilar to Greek ouzo. My favorite drink as it is for many people in this area. No more ...