Thursday, July 2, 2009

"Bibi" in the USA!

It's summertime, and like many others, I'm on vacation. I'm currently in the US until late August, and will be posting photos from here. Sometimes I'll post photos that have something to do with Serbia, comparisons, contrasts, and such, and sometimes I'll just post what I find interesting!

My first US stop was New York City, and I was very pleased to meet up with Alexa from The Road is Mine and "Lily Hydrangea" from Long Island Daily Photo (see my sidebar for their links.) Lily hadn't met Alexa, and neither had met me, but somehow our blog auras led us to one another. Joined by my NYC friend Marianne (who's being coerced into starting Queens Daily Photo...), we hiked over the Brooklyn Bridge and along the Brooklyn Panorama.

In this photo you see our feet daintily poised on the bridge's planks. The foot with the bandaid belongs to Lily, the red nails are Alexa's, and the covered toes are mine.

Stay tuned for more photos from the Big Apple, then Pennsylvania, Seattle, and somewhere in California.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It seems that Radovan came along with you to the US. Great to have news from you, and continue enjoying those summer days in the US.
I'd love to be in the Big Apple right now because you can never get enough from NYC.

Lady-Cracker said...

Hi, I love the "covered" toes, locks very practical. Are they colored underneath?

Alexa said...

Hi, Radovan! Wow—even my little red toes are wrinkled! :~} Seriously, we had such a good time, and I would love to do it again!

Thérèse said...

Enjoy, enjoy Bibi...
Et vive l'amitié!

Tash said...

Really fun. I was trying to figure out who the feet belong to. The variety of footware and the bandaid make the shot. Did you have a good walk? Did you take a gazillion photos walking the bridge? My friend Ljiljana & I did it last October and she patiently waited for me.

dianasfaria.com said...

Bibi! this is great! I had such a fun fun time with you all. I am so glad we were able to meet up.
I love how you photographed our feet, a really great idea.

antigoni said...

I wish you have great time and enjoy your holiday. It's so nice that you met your blog friends in person. I can't wait to see more photos. I'm going for vacations next week.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I have shoes very much like your's. Except mine are a green color. Excellent shoes for travel and I plan on taking mine with me on a few vacations this year.

Mim said...

glad you are visiting my home town. if you are in Boston - I'd love to meet!

The Good Life in Virginia said...

hope you've a wonderful summer vacation bibi. if you happen through my part of the world...do stop in, you are most welcome.

Shadow said...

I hope you have a fabulous vacation! If you find yourself in the middle of the Central Valley of California, look me up...I'm the one with the camera in front of my face! ;) Be safe.

Prospero said...

The Three Musketeers?

soulbrush said...

tee hee what a loada fun, and so nice to all meet up..i know you gonna have such a great holiday.

Louis la Vache said...

hee hee
«Louis» hopes "somewhere in California" includes Albany!

Unknown said...

Upravo gledam slike iz New Yorka rece mi mama da ste tamo. Lazar i ja idemo u Washington sledece nedelje i planiramo da dodjemo u New York na 1 dan ako budemo imali vremena. Kiss.

THE MARKET AFTER HOURS

 Merchants have all packed up and gone home....