Monday, May 11, 2009

Le Rouge et le Noir

Nothing at all to do with Stendahl's novel 'The Red and the Black' other than the title. These two young women were attentively listening to an animal rights group's speaker downtown on Sunday's Europe Day celebration. Serbia is not yet a member of the European Union, but would like to be. To do so, Serbia has to meet EU requirements, and one is the humane treatment of animals. Although both of these girls appear to be wearing leather boots and perhaps a leather skirt (the speaker was ranting about not eating meat or wearing leather), one has a faux-fur purse!

And yes, I couldn't help but photograph still another redhead!

11 comments:

Virginia said...

The weird hair color reminds me of Paris. Oh my goodness. Where do they find those colors???
V

Carraol said...

Great shot of these beautiful women hair, perfect for the title.

Marie Reed said...

What tresses! They almost look like wigs!

Hilda said...

Real or not, leather and fur does not just doesn't sound like proper attire for animal activists. Love their contrasting hair though!

B SQUARED said...

A very hairy shot.

Alexa said...

I don't know—looks like pleather to me! Bibi, Marylene pointed out that my post and Eric's were similar today, and yours is definitely in the same mode (so to speak).
I always get a kick out of your redheads—bring 'em on!

Saretta said...

Bibi, just admit it, this hair thing is becoming a fetish for you! LOL! Just kidding...

marley said...

You and these redheads - you'll get a reputation! Lol!

Marie-Noyale said...

i Guess they are not ready yet!!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Well I'm already noir, I do like the rouge. I'm also a veggie. I didn't know the humane treatment of animals was one of the criteria for Serbia joining the EU. Do hope they comply, for the animals and for Serbia. The redhead fetish is fine by me.

Jilly said...

Ah, more red. Brilliant! I see Italian women around here with that colour hair.

SPRING FASHION

 This is a post that would be better in color, but maybe not. These colors were soooo pale.