Wednesday, March 18, 2020

FIRST TOWN HOSPITAL



This beautiful building is not far from me. I only know it as being the place where I go for a medical exam to renew my driver's license.

However, while walking the dog I passed and saw a sign First Town Hospital. I looked it up and you can read about it right here.  It was constructed in 1868 as the first official hospital building. There is a museum inside now that I must visit.


3 comments:

Tanja Leković said...

If you like to get known more about Belgrade buildings, you could read the book of Nenad Novak Stefanović - Vodič kroz ljubavnu istoriju Beograda (it is in Serbian, but somehow I'm quite sure that you know our language ;-)) It is interesting and there is also the story about this building. Thanks a lot for showing my city in such a good way ♥

William Kendall said...

Beautiful architecture!

Bob Crowe said...

Now that I'm home a lot I must get out of my bad habits and visit my friends blogs more often. I have never heard of the need for a medical exam for a drivers' license. We only need a simple vision test

'THE NAME IS POPOV, DUSKO POPOV"

This may seem hard to believe, but it is true.  Please read  THIS LINK.   You will learn that Ian Fleming, author of the James Bond books, w...