Sunday, May 8, 2011

CALIFORNIA, here I come!


As reads the plate, Far-out it will indeed be. I've been in the US since early March, since my mother has been having some difficulties which required moving her out of her house, selling things, cleaning up the house, making repairs, doing yard work....little time for me, and I thank all of you faithful readers for your comments. It's all I can do to post a photo, and I am so sorry I have little time to visit your blogs, but will return!

Before all these 'mother' occurred, I had planned to come in the summer and take a three-week road trip to visit various friends in California. Given the circumstances, I moved it up to May, and today I am off! Bibi's coming along, of course; my own trip in the Travels with Charley style.

I took this photo in a pizza restaurant...very good pizza, too.

Not sure how frequently I'll be able to post over the next month, but stay tuned.

Groovy...far-out...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well what can I say.Lucky you! Have a great time and lots of fun.Take some pic's along your way and take care.Cheers

Thérèse said...

The picture is awesome.
Will you go as far as Arizona?

Gaelyn said...

Way cool! Have a far out journey.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

I hope that you enjoy your trip and can relax with some time for "you." Safe travels, my friend!

Bises,
Genie

Luis Gomez said...

Have a Happy Mother's day. Enjoy your California trip!

Tash said...

You're on your way! Can't wait.
Happy Mom's day.

Tash said...

PS - love the sign - FAR OUT!

Daryl said...

SO glad you are on the road, I look forward to seeing/hearing all about it . travel safe!

James said...

That is one groovy shot!

I wish we would have had the chance to meet while I lived in Pennsylvania and it seems that I'll arrive in California a few weeks too late. Anyway I hope you have a wonderful visit to my home state and I hope all goes well with your mother.

SPRING FASHION

 This is a post that would be better in color, but maybe not. These colors were soooo pale.