Sunday, April 13, 2008

Who said "cholesterol"?

Serbia is a meat-eater's paradise. On Saturday my husband and I went on a road trip with a friend, and this was her lunch. It's a grilled hamburger stuffed with ham and cheese, and topped with two generous dollops of kajmak (rhymes with 'hijack'), which is made from skimming layers of cream off milk. Kajmak is used like butter to spread on bread or to cook with, and of course, to add an extra dose of cholesterol to your red meat! (Notice the spring onion. Serbs love to crunch 'em.)

8 comments:

Chuck Pefley said...

Oh MY! I almost had cardiac arrest just looking at this plate online! Bet it tasted good, though -:)

vero said...

MMM, I'm already hungry!!!

Anonymous said...

I never heard of a stuffed hamburger and one stuffed with ham at that. Sounds like it might be worth a try. I like your photograph of the dinner and the little green onion is one of my favorites.

Pat said...

"It WAS delicious," says my friend, and since Serbian restaurants also do doggie bags, she was able to enjoy the rest of it for dinner, too.

Ioanna said...

I can almost smelI it! Ho, I thing I'm hungry! Looks delicious!

Tanya Breese said...

Oh that looks delicious!

Unknown said...

Looks tempting but I know I would pay with my high blood pressure! :) My friend, who is a meat lover, would LOVE this I think. Greetings from Seguin, Texas.

Lara said...

Pljeskavicaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! We have a restaurant in Ploiesti (Romania) which serves an adapted version of this wonderful dish...

SPRING FASHION

 This is a post that would be better in color, but maybe not. These colors were soooo pale.