Thursday, November 26, 2020

ALL ALONE AM I


 Here it is Thanksgiving in the United States...and in expat homes abroad like mine. However, this year for a reason we all know too well, I am  not having my son and his family over. I feel horrible about this as do they, but we all agree celebrating in a closed space just doesn't seem like a good idea this  year. They are all seemingly healthy and I think I am, too, but they do have two small children who have been in school...and COVID is insidious; children could  be silent carriers.

So, in order that we can all be together next year (I certainly hope so!) we'll pass on our celebration, at least together. I still plan on making a Thanksgiving dinner, but my son will come and pick it up.

The lady on the bench could be me, minus a few years and the crutches, and the statues could represent my family holding their heads and saying, "Oh, woe!"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF YOU WHO CELEBRATE, TOGETHER OR SEPARATELY.


5 comments:

JudithK said...

Oh dear. In spite of all, I am laughing at your last sentence. That's what we can do these days, try to laugh. What an energetic gesture in spite of all....making a dinner! Well done!

Thérèse said...

If only we could shuffle things around and bring families together for a day...
Despite everything Happy Thanksgiving Pat. We will be celebrating alone too and of course the turkey will be on the menu.

s.c said...

It is certainly a nice comparison.

William Kendall said...

Such is the case in so many places. I don't think I'll see any family until sometime next year.

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

I dont think I'll send my family at all.

MOTHER AND SON PIZZA

When hunger strikes...