Saturday, July 4, 2020

An old beauty from 1901


If I had a spare couple of million dollars (real estate is sky-high in downtown Belgrade) I would buy this beautiful house, only a part of which you see here.  It dates from 1901, a bit younger than its older sister I posted yesterday.  

Right now, it is being used as a rather nice cafe, indoors (in inclement and cold weather) and outdoors when the weather is nice...and sweltering, as it is now.

I'll let you know if I can scrape up the couple of million....timeshare anyone?

3 comments:

Bob Crowe said...

No real estate pools for me.

s.c said...

Yeah, you don't see this kind of decoration anywhere in architecture anymore. It's just what you emphasize, but the satisfaction for the craftsman for good work has also disappeared from architecture.

Bill said...

I love those details.

WAITING FOR THE PARMACY TO OPEN

 This fellow was reading a flyer while waiting for the pharmacy behind him to open. Nothing, special; just a slice of life.