Wednesday, November 11, 2020

BLOW IN MY ARMPIT AND I'LL....




 Many of you, at least of my generation, may remember Rowan and Martin's Laugh-in, which ran from 1968 to 1973.  I think I may have never missed an episode. Non-stop laughter.

Phrases like "Beautiful downtown Burbank," "Sock it to me," and my favorite, "Blow in my ear and I'll follow you anywhere" are still around.

I thought of the latter immediately when I was this bas-relief of Pan blowing into a very androgenous woman's armpit. 

What would I do if someone blew into my armpit?  Giggle, I guess.

Also, while researching the phrase, I came across Robert Crowe's post from April 2019.



2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Odd!

Bill said...

Good one! I remember Laugh In and some of those sayings. :)

YANKEE IN NICE

 Edit: pastis is a licorice-flavored alcoholic drinksimilar to Greek ouzo. My favorite drink as it is for many people in this area. No more ...