Sunday, February 11, 2024

MOCHI!!


 I was invited by my Japanese friend to tea and mochis at a local Japanese pastry shop run by a Japanese friend of hers.

I was first introduced to mochi by my US grandchildren, who love them....and now so do I.

On the photo you see that we shared two mochis:  a lemon-cream cheese one and a pistachio one.  Absolutely scrumptious. I had a case of the guilties because I am supposed to watch my sugar intake, but apparently their sweetness comes from pounded sweet rice flour.  See THIS:

And even better news.....I found this as well:  Mochi is a versatile and healthy sack. It is one of the few carbohydrate sources that is packed with protein and IS FREE FROM CHOLESTEROL.


No comments:

WHITE TAXIS

 How dull. Starting today, May 8th, all taxis must be white to comply with EU standard. Serbia is not even in the EU (yet...), but looks lik...