Thursday, March 26, 2026

WHAT A FIND! (Please read the text!)


I must have gypsy blood. I do NOT mean that as any kind of ethnic slur, for gypsies, or Roma, do so much good here in Serbia by recycling paper, metal, glass and so on. When I have clothing I do not wish to throw away, I fill a bag and carry it with me. When I come across a Roma, I give it to him/her and they're always happy. If it is a big bag, I put it down by the dumpster and it disappears very quickly. Yesterday I had a role reversal. While walking my dog, I came upon this very dusty, but totally in good shape, chair that someone had placed by the dumpster. It followed me home. I have washed and scrubbed it and it is currently drying on my terrace. After it dries, I will shellac it and buy a cushion and it will be an  indoor chair in the location that you see it above. I'll post a photo!

'THE NAME IS POPOV, DUSKO POPOV"

This may seem hard to believe, but it is true.  Please read  THIS LINK.   You will learn that Ian Fleming, author of the James Bond books, w...