Friday, August 7, 2026

PRACTICAL OR DECORATIVE?


 This is the ceiling of a passage leading to a park under a building in my neighborhood. I have no idea at all why these oddly-arranged egg cartons are there. For decoration or do they serve a purpose? 

3 comments:

JudithK said...

Only thing I can think of is sound baffles. That's the shape noise baffling takes. You'd need a lot of them though, but that's an idea for reusing things...recording studio on the cheap

Pat said...

That is what I had at first thought, but when I googled egg cartons sound insulation, apparently using cartons to reduce noise is a myth! There used to be a passage here where the entire ceiling was covered with egg cartons. Please write to me at the contact on my blog....I have lost your address when I deleted one email account.

Stefan Jansson said...

My musical friends sid use them in their studio.

PRACTICAL OR DECORATIVE?

 This is the ceiling of a passage leading to a park under a building in my neighborhood. I have no idea at all why these oddly-arranged egg ...