Friday, April 11, 2008

Waiting for the games to begin

This tiny sparrow has shown up early for the "Universiade," an international sport competition organized by the International University Sports Federation (FISU) under the sponsorship of the International Olympic Committee. This competition brings together student sportsmen and sportswomen. In 2009, this international sports festival will be held in Belgrade from July 1st to the 12th. Since the sparrow is already the symbol of Belgrade, our little friend will be the Universiade's mascot! Why such a little bird? Simply because the sparrow is capable of flying higher and further than much bigger birds, and like the sparrow, little Serbia hopes to fly higher and farther than its competitors!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to Serbia. Those chairs are really nice too. I like them.

 gmirage said...

Wow! What a fun shot with the sparrow as a bonus! I also like the dof and the minimal color! Thanks for expressing that you want to join the Spying...I thought no one was interested...

You got great fotos!!! But I like them better bigger! =D Have a nice week!

Pat said...

Hi, Mirage! Thanks for your comment. Just click on the photos and they'll be bigger. I'm new at this...can I redo my formatting on the blog and post bigger photos without messing something up? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I'm not a techie...

Chuck Pefley said...

I like the abstract design you found in these chairs. Complicated yet very minimalistic at the same time.

Kim said...

Bibi, Sweet photo! Good luck to Serbia.

I call this "table worship" when all the chairs bow to the table (to keep water from collecting on the seats or let people know seating is closed). It looks like some ancient ritual practiced in every city.
-Kim
Seattle Daily Photo

Anonymous said...

I cannot decide what I like more, your photos or your comments! Thanks for both and keep on.
Branka

YANKEE IN NICE

 Edit: pastis is a licorice-flavored alcoholic drinksimilar to Greek ouzo. My favorite drink as it is for many people in this area. No more ...